You wonder why your teen acts up on every little thing. This is because they are getting used to the different changes in their body including the way their hormones act up. Just about anything and everything can make them happy, excited, mad or angry. Mood swings among teenage boys and girls are the common signs during the period.
Adolescence is a transitional stage between adulthood and childhood which involves changes in the total development of a child. The brain changes cause a child’s body to make sex hormones. These hormones trigger physical changes, as well as sexual and romantic feelings. These new feelings can be powerful and sometimes confusing for your child. getting used to all these changes can make them self-conscious or embarrassed – or just make them want more privacy and time to themselves.
Parental Concerns about adolescent behavior are also common during this time, making it difficult for them to connect with their children.
Here are few strategies to help regulate your teen emotions;
- Tell your teenagers that it is okay to feel the way they are feeling by sharing your puberty experiences with them.
- Let them talk. Listening without talking sometimes is all they need.
- Indulging in a creative activity can help them channel their emotions.
- Encourage them to exercise as this will help blow off steam that has been built up. Taking up a new hobby like writing in a journal, cooking or baking can also help clear the mind and relieve stress.
- Encourage them to rest well; It may seem strange that getting more sleep improves the way teens feel when they’re awake. But it’s true! Researchers have found that teens feel more depressed when they don’t get enough sleep, which makes it harder to handle challenges and deal with strong emotions.
Puberty can be an emotional roller-coaster ride. And it is normal. Help your teenager enjoy the ride to adulthood. The guidance of an experienced traveler who knows the way is also invaluable. Here is where this book titled, THE EVOLVING GIANTS comes in. Click the download button below to get a copy: