People often get excited thinking about setting goals for the New Year. The start of a new year brings about a lot of resolution, determination and strategic planning. Goal setting is an activity that enables us to plan what we want to achieve in life. As you set your goals for the year, understand that goals are just mere wishes until you have a plan of action.
Here are crucial tips that will not only help you set realistic goals but help you walk through them without glitches:
- SET: Set achievable goals in every area of life to ensure more balanced life: The new Year’s resolutions aren’t just for personal goals. It’s a great time to set professional goals, health goals, relationship goals etc for the year ahead. Any goal you’re working with should be something you really want not just something that sounds good. Ensure your goal is consistent with your values.
- WRITE: Write your goals out in complete detail. By so doing you are giving the subconscious mind the detailed set of instructions to work on. Writing down your goals in the positive instead of negative creates the roadmap to your success and set the process in motion. The subconscious mind only process what’s been sent to it.The more positive instructions you give it, the more positive results you will get.
- BELIEVE: Don’t just write goals down, believe in them. Be true to your goals, commit to them and constantly put a system in place to capture and measure your progress.
- REVIEW: It is also extremely important to review your goals frequently. Each morning, read your list of goals that are written in the positive, visualize the completed goal, and then repeat this same process every night before you go to bed. This process will set your subconscious and conscious mind working towards the goal.
- NEVER: Do not share your goals with dream killers or people who will discourage you it can drag you down quickly. Share with those who are critical to helping you achieve your goals.
Kindly note that:
- If in the past you have failed to achieve your goals, it means that your desire was not strong enough. Weak desire creates weak results. You need motivation to achieve your goals. You are your own fan! Constantly motivate yourself,no one can do it better than you!
- If you need to change a goal, do not consider it a failure rather consider it a victory as you had the insight to realize something was different.
Every time you make a decision, always ask yourself this question “Does it take me closer to or away from my goal ?”. If the answer is “closer to”, then you have made the right decision and if it’s “away from”, well, you know what to do.
So, follow these processes and you are on your way to achieving unlimited success in every area of your life.
By all means, make sure your goal is high enough.
Shoot for the moon, if you miss it, you’ll still be in the stars.
Finally, remember that the more focused you are on your goals, the more likely you are to accomplish them.